Typical Foundation Problems
What causes foundation problems?
- Settling earth around your home
- Pressure from ground
- Freezing and thawing of the ground
- Weight of the house
- Poor Construction
- Shrinkage of the cement (happens to all cement over time)
Here is a list of the most common foundation repairs we deal with in Toronto:
- Brick Foundation Cracks/Splits
- Block Foundations Settle and Cause an uneven and unsafe house
- Modern Poured Concrete Walls cracking and flaking
- Old Poured Concrete Walls falling down
- Drains/Clay Pipes and Connections/Blockages
- Bowing walls
- Surface Drainage / Grading
- Vermin and Termites
- Bubbling or Peeling Paint
- Concrete Deterioration
Why Should I Fix My Foundation?
- Your foundation problem will only get worse over time: A foundation problem never gets better on its own. As it gets worse, the problem will cost more to fix. It could cause major leakage or water damage or even cause mould in your home, which can be toxic to humans.
- Resale Value of Your Home: It’s very hard to sell a home with a foundation problem.
- Esthetics: Foundation problems often cause unsightly cracks.
- Basic Functionality: Foundation problems can cause a house to bend and twist causing other parts of your house not to function correctly like doors and windows.
- A Safer Home: It’s unusual but disastrous if your foundation collapses. Also common issues such as mould and other serious safety hazards can emerge.
Phone (416) 467-6735 or Click Here for a No Obligation Free Estimate